BHATV is a transient drillstring modeling software. The drillstring is segmented and modeled as elastic rods subject to axial and shear loads as well as bending and torsional moments due to the drilling operation, a finite differences scheme in space and time is used to simulate the behavior of the BHA-Bit-Rock interaction. The borehole wall is modeled as a visco-elastic boundary with friction with an approximation made of the drag on the drill string from the drilling fluid. The drill bit interaction with the rock is modeled using an empirically based formulation based on work by Detournay in which reaction forces and torques are mainly dependent on the depth of cut (thickness of rock layer cut per revolution), rock strength and bit geometry.
The key aims of the software are to:
· Enhance our understanding of the dynamic behavior of the drillstring / BHA whiledrilling
· To facilitate better comparisons between different BHA designs and evaluate theirsensitivity to vibrations
· To evaluate drilling parameters from a drilling optimization perspective
· To aid in the design of BHA components and downhole tools more resistant to S&V
What is New
BHA Transient Vibrations 1.2 is a piece of Drilling Engineering software which complements, but does not replace, the currently commercial frequency domain vibration model BHAV which is contained within the Drilling Office suite of applications. The fundamental differences between BHATV and BHAV are that
· Performs a time based transient analysis of the drilling process
· Models the interaction between the drillstring and the borehole wall allowing mechanisms such as whirl to be captured
· Has the ability to capture mechanisms such as stick-slip which require modeling of the entire rotational system (top drive, drillstring, BHA, bit) (although BHATV 1.1 has a number of limitations in this area)
· Contains a more complete and representative model of drillstring components such as mud motors and RSS
· Allows the modeling of the forces generated by the rotation of imbalance and kinks / bends which is difficult within the frequency domain due to their non linearity.
New features in BHATV v1.2 (v.s. BHATV v1.0)
· Ability to run a static computation of the position of the drillstring in the borehole prior to provide the initial conditions for the transient simulation.
· Updated user interface to facilitate the selection of different analysis types; standard analysis, critical RPM analysis and buckling analysis.
· Addition of stress properties.
BHATV v1.2 Capabilities:
Critical RPM Analysis
Torque Generation Across Stabilizers and Roller Reamers
Weight and Torque Split between Bit and Borehole Enlargement Device
Time and Number of Wraps for Rotation to Reach the Bit
Wraps due to Mud Motor Reactive Torque
Sensitivity of the Drillstring to Stick-Slip
S&V Failure Investigation / Root Cause Analysis
تیم PetroTools آخرین نسخه این نرم افزار را برای شما ارائه می دهد. جهت تهیه نرم افزار با استفاده از منوی خرید با ما در تماس باشید
For buy software, Please contact us via buy menu