The Pipesim 2023.1 steady-state multiphase flow simulator is SLB’s flagship well and network modeling software for steady-state multiphase flow simulation. Together with the Olga* dynamic multiphase flow simulator, SLB provides a complete software solution for design and optimization of production systems.
Enhancements in Pipesim 2023.1
• New well type: Advanced Limited edition (Single string)
• Smart well completions with flow control valve
• Enable phase ratio override on Multiflash PVT files
• New GIS map backgrounds
• Python Toolkit enhancements
• Easy access to simulation result files
New Well Type: Advanced Limited edition
Historically, Pipesim offered the support of two main well types: Production and Injection. In 2023.1, the new Advanced well type is introduced to support complex well configurations. This new well type is considered a revolutionary step-change in the steady-state well modeling domain and facilitates modeling of various multi-stream well configurations and smart well completions. This release includes a limited edition of this functionality, which will enable modeling of
• Flow control valves
• Tail pipe configuration
• Tubing and annulus flow with two surface pressure conditions
• ESP separated gas in the annulus.
• Steam circulation with or without completion
• Production/injection pairs using the same well model
Smart well completions with flow control valve
Modeling of flow control valves (FCVs) was available in Pipesim classic (up to 2012) as a limited functionality, since only a single valve could be connected to one completion. In later versions, modeling of FCVs with this limitation was only available by using engine keywords. In 2023.1, a major upgrade in the modeling of FCVs is introduced and enabled under the Advanced well editor.
The FCV can be placed along a tubing or a tail pipe. The flow in the annulus is modeled in case the valve is placed inside the depth range of a horizontal completion or away from a single-point completion. The number of FCVs is not limited or related to the number of completions in the model. The FCV catalog was updated with all SLB valves, with the ability to add a custom valve of other manufacturers.
Enable phase ratio override for Multiflash PVT files
Phase ratio override is the ability to change the gas and water ratios at any stream inlet and neglect the phase ratios specified or calculated in the original fluid description. Previously, this feature was disabled when using a PVT file generated by using the Multiflash fluid package. In 2023.1, this feature is enabled, which will facilitate, in addition to overriding phase ratio in completions, the fluid editor and in sources, generating VFP files while an MFL file is used in the model.
New GIS map backgrounds
To improve the visualization on the GIS canvas, three background modes are added to the list of base maps: White, Light, and Dark. These backgrounds allow the display of better contrast of the network model objects and results and hide geographical data.
Python Toolkit enhancements
The following enhancements are available in the Python Toolkit:
• The Conda environment has been upgraded to Python 3.11.4.
• To support FCV equipment, the new search method, "find_component_objects", has been introduced to improve performance.
Easy access to simulation result files
To improve the handling of simulation result, Pipesim 2023.1 offers easy access to temporary simulation results files that were standard for the legacy Pipesim versions (2012 and earlier). This is now available under the Results manager. In addition, the VFP tables are now stored automatically in the same model directory once a VFP task is executed.
Fixed issues and minor enhancements in Pipesim 2023.1
Pipesim 2023.1 includes several bug fixes and improvements. Some of them are listed below.
• An issue with the temperature profile calculation when using two MFL files with different BIP values has been fixed, which includes. a series of fixes in the BIP exchange between the MFL file and Multiflash fluid engine This has resulted in more realistic values in fluid properties, like oil density on mixture streams.
• An issue related to changing oil density significantly after injecting a small amount of lift gas has been fixed. This issue was caused by manually inputting volume shift in the compositional fluid UI in Pipesim.
• The reported flowing viscosity for oil, liquid, water, and gas when using the OLGAS flow model has been fixed.
Two Python Toolkit variables are now retired: SystemVariables.CHOKE_DELTA_PRESSURE and SystemVariables.BRANCH_DELTA_PRESSURE.
Instead, you can now use the following variables, respectively: SystemVariables.PRESSURE_DIFFERENCE and SystemVariables.SYSTEM_PRESSURE_LOSS
The following redundant SystemVariables have been removed:
• An engine console warning is now displayed when multiple MFL files are used without specifying a master file. The client reported that no sub-cooling results are displayed when multiple MFL files are used.
• A unit conversion error has been fixed for delta temperature in the auxiliary results for the OneSubsea Multiphase booster.
• A fix is now available for allowing DPFACTOR to be set for flow control valves FCVALVE and FCV. The critical pressure ratio has been added as an output for CHOKE and FCVALVE. The output label "Max flowrate" has been changed to "Critical flowrate" to avoid confusion between this and the limiting flowrates.
• A warning has been added to indicate when a viscosity model is set in the MFL file and is not supported in Pipesim.
• The warning message that indicates when a Gaslift injection gas specific gravity is used while the completion has 0 GOR has been improved.
• The issue related to distributed completion static pressure report in profile results is fixed. In the grid view, when the completion details are expanded, the static pressure is reported properly.
Previously the value of flowing pressure was used. A fix is now available for several complex scenarios where distributed completion is used with plugged tubing and sliding sleeve:
The tubing is plugged, and the sleeve is installed above the completion. The tubing ends at upper half of completion.
The tubing is plugged, and the sleeve is installed at upper part of completion. The tubing ends at mid of completion.
The tubing is plugged, and the sleeve is installed at mid of completion. The tubing ends below the completion.
The tubing is plugged, and the sleeve is installed at lower part of completion. The tubing ends below the completion.
تیم PetroTools آخرین نسخه این نرم افزار را برای شما ارائه می دهد. جهت تهیه نرم افزار با استفاده از منوی خرید با ما در تماس باشید
For buy software, Please contact us via buy menu